Sign-On Bonus $2000!!
RN / LPN Floor Nurses - Full time 11-7 shift & PRN Positions Available
The Floor Nurse is considered to be a Supervisor and is required to exercise supervisory authority over all non-licensed nursing staff. The exercise of supervisory authority by the Floor Nurse is required even at times that the ADON/UM are on duty. While the Floor Nurse may seek guidance from the ADON/UM in a particular situation he/she is expected to independently issue discipline, evaluate employees and perform other supervisory responsibilities.
- Health – Ability to meet performance requirements
- Education and Training:
- Graduate from an approved school of nursing.
- Licensed to practice in this state.
- Participates in continuing education so that she/he has knowledge of current trends and developments in nursing and maintains license.
- Job Knowledge and Capabilities:
- Ability to learn, absorb and apply professional training, follow doctor’s orders and keep records in prescribed manner.
- Ability to perceive changes in patient behavior and recognize symptoms and the ability to communicate effectively in writing, by telephone and in personal contacts.
- Ability to organize work procedures, assume responsibility, and tactfully supervise others.
- Special interest in geriatric nursing.
Duties and Responsibilites:
- Must be able to supervise and instruct others with good leadership and communication skills.
- Assure that all nursing staff have been assigned duties. Supervise charting and activities so that patients records are complete and accurate and policies/procedures are followed.
- Make rounds on each assigned Resident, with specific attention to high acuity patients. Note any change in condition and intervene as needed.
- Monitor your assigned Residents to ensure that appropriate care (according to established policies and procedures) is being provided and that doctors and fammes are being notified of changes in patients’ condition.
- Assume responsibility for safe administration of meds and treatments as needed (including IV fluids and IV meds). Assist with admitting patients as required.
- Assists in orientation of new staff.
- Maintain the self-respect, personal dignity and physical safety of each patient. Assist patients to attain highest level of self care possible.
- Make changes in staff schedule as indicated by absence and illness and contact additional help to obtain their services where needed.
- Carry out personnel disciplinary actions (written, verbal warnings) promptly and effectively when he/she believes company policies, rules of conduct, and/or acceptable patient care practices have not been followed.
- Maintain the security of the premises and direct unauthorized persons coming on the premises to leave.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Relieve other shifts as needed.
- Attend appropriate Nursing and Administrative meetings as directed. Complete all assigned In-Services, including but not limited to Redilearning.
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
We’re always looking for health care professionals to fill a variety of positions. Our strength is our focus on our patients, families, and community. Thank you for your interest in exploring a career with us… we look forward to meeting you!
Our benefits include:
- Competitive Pay
- Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Life and Health Insurance Options
- Short-Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan