Full Time Positions, Weekend Availability a must!
New Sign on Bonus! $2000
Provides direct and indirect patient care activities under the direction of a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse. Assists patient with activities of daily living, provides for personal care, comforts and assists in the maintenance of a safe and clean environment for an assigned group of residents.
- Health – Ability to meet performance requirements
- Education and Training:
- Must be Certified Nursing Assistant.
- Attend in-service programs, as assigned, to learn procedures and develop skills and meet state requirements.
- Personal Qualifications:
- Sensitive to our patients’ physical and psychosocial needs.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Capable of charting accurately in the Patient Care Record or
other similar form.
- Pleasant and cheerful personality.
- Tactful and courteous approach with patients and visitors.
- Treat all patient information as confidential material.
- Adhere to dress code as directed by Center Policy (see Personnel Manual).
Duties and Responsibilites:
- Understands and practices universal precautions with all patient care.
- Performs all tasks/procedures included on assignment or reports to nurse any tasks not completed.
- Assists in the preparation for admission of patients.
- Assists in and accompany patients in admission, transfer and discharge procedures.
- Provides post-mortem care.
- Provides morning care, which may include bed bath, oral hygiene, combing hair, back care, dressing patients, changing bed linen, cleaning overbed table and bedside stand, straightening room and other general care as necessary throughout the day.
- Provided evening care, which included hand/face washing as needed, oral hygiene, special skin care, freshening linen, cleaning overbed tables, straightening room, and other general care as needed.
- Provides general nursing care such as positioning patients; lifting and turning patients; applying/utilizing special equipment; assisting in use of bedpan, urinal or commode and ambulating the patient using a gait belt.
- Takes and records temperature, pulse, respiration, weight, height, blood pressure and intake and output measurements.
- Adheres to policies and procedures of the Center and the
Department of Nursing.
- Participates in socialization activities on the unit and assists
patients to activities.
- Turns and positions as ordered and/or as needed, making sure no rough surfaces are in direct contact with the body. Lifts and turns with proper and safe mechanics and with available resources.
- Checks for reddened areas or skin breakdown and reports to an RN or LPN.
- Ensures that patients are dressed properly and assists as necessary. Ensures that clothing is properly stored in dressers or on hangers. Ensures that all patients are clean and dry at all times.
- Checks unit for adequate linen and supplies.
- Restrains patients properly when ordered. Understands reason for restraint and suggests less restrictive measures if possible.
- Accompanies patients to appointments as directed.
- Provides reality orientation in daily care.
- Prepares patients for meals and services, removes food trays and assists with meals or feeds patients.
- Distributes drinking water and other nourishments to patients.
- Performs general care activities for patients in isolation, adhering to the Center’s Infection Control Policies.
- Answers patients’ call lights, anticipates patients’ needs, and makes rounds to assigned patients.
- Assists patients with handling and care of clothing and other personal property (including dentures, glasses, contact lenses, hearing aids and prosthetic devices).
- Collects and transports specimens as directed.
- Reports (and records when appropriate) any changes observed in condition or behavior of patients and any unusual incidents.
- Familiar with Nursing Care Plans and contributes when new information available.
- Assists in maintaining a safe and clean environment, reports equipment that is out of order, reports other problems to the charge nurse, maintains appropriate handling of clean and soiled linen and stores supplies on the unit.
- Practices careful, efficient and non-wasteful use of supplies and linen and follows established charge procedures for patient charge items.
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
We’re always looking for health care professionals to fill a variety of positions. Our strength is our focus on our patients, families, and community. Thank you for your interest in exploring a career with us… we look forward to meeting you!
Our benefits include:
- Competitive Pay
- Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Life and Health Insurance Options
- Short-Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan