Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Bayfront Health Port Charlotte and Punta Gorda. As our volunteers are often the first people patients and families encounter, each one serves an important role in our organization. There are a variety of areas where volunteers can serve. If you have a desire to help, we have a place for you.
We are recruiting volunteers that are:
- Friendly, flexible and reliable
- Compassionate and sensitive to patients and families
- Willing to commit four hours per week for a minimum of 60 hours
By becoming a volunteer at Bayfront Health Port Charlotte and Punta Gorda, you can enrich your life by making a difference in our community and by gaining a deep sense of satisfaction and fulfillment. Our volunteers graciously donate their time and energy assisting our patients and staff. Depending on your interests and the needs of the facility, you may volunteer in areas that provide you with patient interaction, like the emergency room and information desk, or in areas like the business office, human resources and the education department. You will have the opportunity to volunteer at any of our facilities: Bayfront Health Port Charlotte, Bayfront Health Punta Gorda or Bayfront Health North Port. Prospective volunteers are interviewed for placement, attend an orientation session and receive required training.
There are many advantages to becoming a volunteer. Whether you are interested in giving back to the community or would like to pursue a career in a medical discipline, you will have the opportunity to experience the health care field in a special way.
Some of the benefits you receive are:
- Free breakfast or lunch daily (with each four hour shift)
- Free uniform top
- Free flu shots
- Free tuberculosis screenings
- Annual recognition luncheon
- Award pins for hours of service
- Discounts at the Rehab and Wellness Center
- 20% off regularly-priced gift items every day at Lori's Gifts located in the main lobby at Bayfront Health Port Charlotte
- $40 virtual health visits via VirtualHealthConnect
For more information or if you have questions, please contact:
Bayfront Health Port Charlotte and Punta Gorda Volunteer Coordinator
- Printable Application
Mail completed application to: Volunteer Office, 809 E. Marion Ave., Punta Gorda, FL 33950