Therapist (Full Time & Part Time Available)
PROGRAM: Therapy Program (Sexual Abuse Treatment Program and Kid Kindness Program)
SUPERVISOR: Clinical Director
SUMMARY: Provide trauma treatment to verified victims of physical and sexual abuse and their families.
LOCATION: Therapy services are provided at our main location in Sarasota with a portion of services taking place in North Port.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Perform all activities to support the mission, vision and values of the Child Protection Center, Inc.
- Collaborate with the CPC Leadership team to meet the goals outlined in the Strategic Plan and to promote a professional and positive work atmosphere at the Child Protection Center.
- Interview children, family members and significant others as needed to obtain psychosocial information for clinical evaluations.
- Develop behaviorally specific treatment plans for all family members involved in the program.
- Provide counseling to child victims, siblings of victims, non-offending caregivers.
- Monitor attendance, participation and progress of family members in treatment.
- Coordinate client services and referrals to community agencies.
- Attend case staffings and share information with other team members.
- Maintain client records, including the tracking of treatment goals and objectives.
- Complete closing summaries on all clients terminated from the program.
- Provide court testimony (as needed).
- Ensure client’s right to privacy and ensure appropriate confidentiality when information about the client is released to others.
- Participate in required DOH and agency trainings.
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING: Master’s Degree in Social Work, Mental Health counseling, or other behavioral science. Participate in continuing education standards that include a minimum of eight hours of training per year in child abuse, abandonment and neglect with at least two hours of education specific to child sexual abuse. If licensed, maintain biannual CEU requirements and remain in good standing with Licensure Board.
EXPERIENCE: At least one year of clinical counseling experience, six months of which must have been in providing treatment to sexually abused children and their families.