Leadership North Port
Leadership North Port is a series of city-wide programs designed to enhance participants' awareness of our community and its needs by examining how leadership in the historical, geographical, educational, economic, governmental and cultural segments work together to perpetuate and advance the North Port community and its citizens.
The program is also designed to nurture and engage the leadership skills of potential and current leaders by providing an atmosphere that stimulates and fosters diverse viewpoints, resulting in innovative answers to the critical questions facing our community. The program strives to create awareness and to connect leaders with issues; however, it is not an academic leadership training program.
Are you interested in being a day sponsor for Leadership North Port? Read more here.
Leadership North Port Facebook Leadership Class of 2021 Leadership North Port Alumni
Applications for Leadership North Port 2022 Class is now open. Selection of Leadership North Port participants is based solely upon the answers to the questions on the application, so please be thoughtful and sincere. Course requirements for graduation include mandatory attendance at Orientation and SIMSOC, as well as expected attendance to each of the monthly sessions – generally the second Friday of each month.
Leadership Schedule 2022:
November 30, 2021 - Orientation
December 3, 2021 - Opening Retreat (SimSoc)
January 7, 2022 - Nonprofit & Human Services Day
January 15, 2022 - Arts & Culture (special Saturday event)
February 11, 2022 - Education Day
March 11, 2022 - Environment & Tourism Day
April 8. 2022 Media & Justice Day
May 13, 2022 Government & Economic Development Day
June 10, 2022 Manufacturing & Community Growth Day
July 8, 2022 Healthcare Day
August 26, 2022 Graduation
Day Sponsors 2021:
- SimSoc: City of North Port
- Non-profit/Community Services: Frohlich, Gordon, Beason
- Education: Achieva
- Arts & Culture: North Port Art Center
- Environment & Tourism: Bishop West Real Estate and Visit Sarasota County
- Media & Justice: Lightspeed Voice and WKDW 97.5FM
- Government & Economic Development: Hampton Inn & Suites of North Port and Rothco Signs & Design
- Manufacturing & Community Growth: Buffalo Graffix and Caddy Carts
- Healthcare: Gale West, Your Health Consultant
- Water: Certain Services
- Snacks: Gale West, Your Health Consultant
- Printing: PostNet